Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Design Rationale-Kiosk Powerpoint


For the Kiosk PowerPoint and sound slide presentation I chose Cascada, a German based techno band. I chose them because my original idea was taken, and I like their songs. Getting the pictures to not seem blurry or distorted in the PowerPoint was the first problem I came across. I had to put filters on certain images to rid them of the stretched look. I chose pink, blue, and black for my main colors, because techno music usually incorporates a lot of colors and lights. I played around with the entrance effects based on the information presented in each slide, and tried to make each slide visually pleasing. I would put more intense effect on a word or phrase if I wanted to show it off more than other items on the slide. For example on the website slide, I used the wave effect to show the actual web address show up, after a screen shot on the actual website came down. For fonts I tried to stay simple, but choose fonts that would look good and emphasize the information correctly.
The hardest part of the slide show was the timing. Making sure each slide was long enough for all the effects to come out and be shown took a few tries. Changing the music files from MP3 to WAV to back to MP3 was also a bit challenging at times. Overall this assignment was fun to play around with and I was happy with the final product.

No comments: